Sand, Zip Lines and Shamu
Carlsbad and San Diego County are full of exciting places to go. There is no shortage of fun here! Staying at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Beach View Lodge in Carlsbad Village will offer you a convenient jump off point for all your San Diego activities.
- The Beach - Carlsbad boasts long, sandy beaches with friendly surf. Tamarack State Beach, located at the front door of our Carlsbad beach hotel, has 4 miles of unobstructed beach and endless jogging trails.
- LEGOLAND - A 128-acre park geared specifically towards youngsters ages 2 through 12. With over 60 family rides, “hands-on” attractions and shows, LEGOLAND California provides education, adventure and fun. Tickets available at the Front Desk. Located conveniently just 10 minutes from our Carlsbad hotel!
- Safari Park (formerly The Wild Animal Park) – Safari or Zip Line through San Diego’s only exotic animal preserve where the animals roam free. The 1,800- acre Safari Park is an expansive wildlife sanctuary that is home to more than 2,600 animals representing more than 300 species. Its renowned botanical collection represents 3,500 species and 1.5 million specimens.
- The San Diego Zoo – The non-profit 100-acre Zoo is home to over 3,700 rare and endangered animals representing more than 650 species and subspecies, and a prominent botanical collection with more than 700,000 exotic plants. It is located just north of downtown San Diego in Balboa Park and is supported by the world’s largest Zoological Association.
- SeaWorld San Diego – Home of Shamu, the Orca, and famous world-round as a source of conservation and study of sea life, SeaWorld San Diego is both entertaining and educational. The park holds over 13,000 animals, from seals to penguins, and fish of all kinds.