The Vibrant City Of Carlsbad
From the moment healing, alkaline rich waters were discovered steps from the sea in the 1880’s, the large ranch that is now present day Carlsbad was destined to become a place of gathering and relaxing. The Carlsbad Mineral Water Spa (founded in 1886), only a short stroll from the Best Western Plus Beach View Lodge, operates to this day.
Today, Carlsbad Village is host to the Southern California beach culture and its relaxed brand of fun luxury. Bustling with stores, live theater, and great restaurants, Carlsbad Village is a 200 acre fun zone.
- Life on the Coast. Experience live music, art, dining, antiquing and boutique shopping along with a myriad of special events every month.
- Carlsbad Village Farmers’ Market. Weekly, rain or shine, on Wednesdays and Saturdays from 1-5pm. Delicious treats, fresh flowers, jewelry and handicraft of all kinds abound.
- New Village Arts Theater. The most critically acclaimed theater in North County San Diego, the NVA was founded in 2001 by graduates of New York’s Actors Studio Drama School.
The City of Carlsbad
Carlsbad is one of the largest, most vibrant coastal communities in San Diego County. It is relaxed, sophisticated and accessible, with literally hundreds of things to do and explore. Here are a few staff favorites:
- Shop yourself silly at the Carlsbad Premium Outlets. With over 90 stores, from Barney’s New York to Banana Republic and Coach, this stylish outlet center delivers great merchandise at rock bottom prices. Catch a great burger at Ruby’s or some fresh California seafood at King’s Fish House.
- Pick your own strawberries at the Carlsbad Strawberry Company, a fixture in the Carlsbad landscape for over 50 years.
- Famous Carlsbad Flower Fields. 50 acres of extraordinary color in bloom on a hillside overlooking the Pacific Ocean, seasonal in spring.